Who may be eligible?
- Adult males and females convicted as an adult in Davidson County
- A nonviolent felony offender accused of a C, D, and E felonies under Tennessee Law
- Must be capable of and willing to participate in Drug Court programming
Who may be ineligible?
- Anyone convicted of a violent offense
- The person carried, possessed, or used a firearm or dangerous weapon
- There occurred the death of, or serious bodily injury to, any person
- There occurred the use of force against the person of another, without regard to whether any of the circumstances described in subparagraph (A), (B), and (C) is an element of the offense or conduct of which or for which the person is charged or convicted
- Have one or more prior convictions for a felony crime or violence involving the use or attempted use of force against a person with the intent to cause death or serious bodily harm
- Refusal to cooperate with screening and assessment procedures, or an unwillingness to participate in required programming or abide by the program rules
- People with physical or mental disabilities who are unable to participate in the program with reasonable accommodations and/or auxiliary aids/services
- No prior conviction for sale of controlled substance to a minor